2011年10月22日星期六

expressed by raised eyebrows and a lean back,

When I say that I'm a professional sports handicapper the first reaction is either surprise, expressed by raised eyebrows and a lean back, or confusion, expressed by a furrowed brow and pursed lips.Whether or not people know and understand my job,Nike TN Pas Cher, or if they just don't have a clue, I usually bring it into focus with the same line:"It's basically like being a financial advisor, except that instead of investing in the stock market my clients and I invest in the Chaussures Prada Homme sports betting market."That usually gets them, because not a lot of people think of sports betting as an investment strategy. I smiled and told her, "This is my business."Robert Ferringo is your expert NFL handicapper for the upcoming season. Yet if I were to approach someone and explain how they could earn somewhere between 10 and 30 percent annual returns on their money by sports investing they would look at me like I was some grifter or shill.People have made and lost several fortunes over the past decade. First, and perhaps most importantly, sports betting is a great investment because of the significant returns that are possible compared to more "established" mechanisms.Current rates for a $10,000 money market account are in the neighborhood of 0.8 percent annually. Again, no different than the stock market. Some are still narrow-minded and think of it as some vice or waste of time. But the difference is that with one of our pros, over a long enough time frame, you are set to earn dividends. She laughed and rolled her eyes. Had you been investing with him, at $100 per Unit, which would be the recommended amount with that bankroll, you would be up around $8,600. Even today, just a few years after one of the largest economic crisis in recorded human history, Wall Street is still seen as a respectable place to try to make money. A $10,000 cash deposit (CD) will get you a 1.36 percent return over a year or 0.87 percent over six months.So that means that if you have $10,000 and you want to invest it somewhere you can expect to earn anywhere from $100 to $200 back on it. That makes it around a 1000 percent return on your initial investment.Yes, there is always aChaussures Gucci Homme chance of taking a loss at some point. This is despite the deceit, dishonesty, and shady business practices of people the world over. From the dot-com bubble burst in 2000 to the housing bubble burst in 2007-08 we've seen over and again that speculative markets and even seemingly reliable, traditional investment situations can turn out to be disastrous. And over an extended period of time you can make much more money betting, weathering the wins and losses, than you can through several other investment options.Sports betting as an investment is a better option than traditional investing methods for a variety of reasons. And the value is there because there exists the opportunity - the realistic opportunity - to make an incredible amount more than you would at 0.8 percent.Although sports betting markets can be a bit more volatile in the short term the sports investing system is exceedingly more stable in the long term. I still get a kick out of people's reaction when I tell them what I do for a living. But very few people think of sports betting as a legitimate enterprise with the goal of making money.I ask, "why not?" I always wonder why it is that real estate speculation, hedge funds, and general stock market trading is accepted as justifiable while sports betting is somehow seen as notorious or untrustworthy. Now, consider the $795 that you would have paid for his full season's package and here is what you're looking at: spending nearly $800 back and earning back 10 times that amount. I looked at her and, completely seriously, told her that she should give me $500 and that I would put it on my top Major League Baseball Betting System the following spring. She was so excited and admitted that this was a lot more fun, and a lot more profitable, than just checking her statements. She told me that one of her CD's only produced about $130 in interest over the last year. That put them on pace for just 61 wins (they are presently 36-57 and on pace for 63 wins) and she realized that she was going to be up $500. And I feel completely confident recommending sports wagering as a method of investment and making money. The fundamentals of investing - finding value, patience, long-term goals and vision, a little bit of daring - hold firm in my field. But I came back to her in March and asked her again, telling her that I was going to be laying even more than that on the Seattle Mariners 'under' 85 wins. Some think of it as entertainment. While sports betting can be up-and-down it's a very stable market, in that we don't have to worry about historic or uncontrollable "crashes". I explained the math and science behind the pick, and she decided to give it a shot.Well, I won't ever forget the giddy sound in her voice when I talked to her in mid-June. And I'll close with a story from my own experience:Over Christmas I was talking with a close friend about the weak rates she was getting on her CD's. The Mariners had just blown a ninth-inning lead the night before, leading to Seattle's fourth straight loss and dropping them to 23-38. Compare that to the current baseball season of our own Vegas Sports Informer. Check Doc's Sports for daily winning NFL picks and all the up-to-the-minute NFL news..




没有评论:

发表评论